Sunday, March 27, 2011


So this is a bad picture of me - usually I look a little better than this.  But I just wanted to post this pic so I could remember this day.  I had a day off from work, so was just taking care of the house chores, like laundry, and Colby came in and was studying at the desk. We had such a good time talking together and just being together even though we weren't doing anything special.  He is such a good husband to me.  When I am cleaning the house and doing hously chores, he is always willing to help.  He will carry the laundry baskets downstairs for me, or vacuum the stairs, and scrub the tub. He just is so good to me. 

Fun times snowmobiling

Colby has really started to love jumping his snowmobile.  This makes me nervous, but he insists that it is safe and SO much fun.  I just think it is funny that he loves to take pictures of his snowmobile, and especially this one, stuck in mid jump.


Colby had an opportunity to go do a service project for one of his classes up by Henry's Lake. It sounded like a lot of fun, and very interesting. 


They caught the kind of fish they wanted to breed more of, sedated them, and then took the females and blew all the eggs out with a hose, then took all the males and squished all the sperms out, and mixed them.  This is so they can get a larger population of good fish, and hopefully get rid of the bad fish in the lakes and rivers around here.

Some of the fish they caught and sedated.

The male fish process.

Colby standing where they stored all the eggs after they have been fertilized.

Measuring out the eggs

Mixing eggs and sperms in an iodine mixture.

They pressurized them (I can't remember why this step of the process)

Then spreading the eggs in their containers to grow into small fish. The white ones that you can see are ones that were damaged and died.  All the orange is all the healthy ones that will develop.

Colby has also been studying all kinds of different plants and learning about them and how to determine what kind of plants that they really are.  He is really good at learning and applying all this information.  Every time he goes out he finds something interesting that they were studying in class, and either brings a sample home to me, or to take to his class and update the old samples. He is doing so well in school, I am really proud of him.


0 comments: