Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Happiest Place on Earth

I have been thinking a lot about our Heavenly Father's plan for us, the plan of Happienes.  Some times I don't understand it like I think I should, or wish I could. Today I went to a meeting for managers of apartment complexes with the school.  One of the classes I took, the speaker compared how our apartment complexes should be like the happiest place on earth- Disney World-  making life a wonderful and cheerful experience.  That may be for most people, but as I thought about things, my happiest place on earth, well there are two of them; is the temple, and my home with my family.  I have never felt more welcome, more complete than in these two places.  I actually left the meetings in tears, because I was surrounded by tons of people, but was so alone, and trying to push Tate around in his stroller in the crowds, and mean grumpies mad that I brought him- it was so un-welcoming in a way.  But go to these two places, and I am somebody and I am wanted (and so is my sweet baby).   In these two places Heavenly Father's Plan of Happiness becomes a little clearer.   

I never felt so alive and ready for life until I met Colby.  I knew before our first date was even over that he was the one that I had been waiting for- and actually I think I knew two years before I even met him, when I met his brother Dusty.  Dusty talked about him and for some reason, I wanted to hear more of this brother that had just left on a mission, and I wondered if I would be around when he got home. I promptly dismissed those thoughts thinking they were silly, and moved away thinking I would never see Dusty or meet his brother. But, as I am learning over and over again the Father's plan is greater than I know. And I met this wonderful brother of Dusty's and He truly is my best friend.  When we went through the temple for the first time, I was overwhelmed by the love I felt for Colby, and the understanding that was opened to me of the Father's plan. At that moment, I knew that everything was in place.  We were complete.  When we were sealed together forever, That completeness became even more complete- if that even could be.  I am so grateful that we can finish our part of the Father's plan for us together, and know that when we leave is frail existense, that there is more; so much more.

1 comments:

Natalie

I LOVE this post. Very well said! And I can't believe ANYONE wouldn't want that sweet baby Tate and all that hair at a meeting. DUMBIES!! :)