Sunday, March 27, 2011

Christmas Time 2010

We had a really fun Christmas season this year.  Colby's family got together with the snowmobiles and rode around looking for trees.  This is the tree we settled on.  We had a little campfire, did some sledding, and roasted hot dogs. 

Colby using his dandy saw to cut our tree.



We bought our brown, red, and lime green bulbs last year, so this year we bought a gold star and some gold snowflakes to decorate with.  We had to buy some new lights because half the strand on our old ones wouldn't work.  I learned how to fix lights on my internship, but we had tools to do it with. We decided it was cheaper to just buy an extra strand of lights, than to by the light gun and tools.  But, if we have trouble next year- I'm getting the light gun- I hate lights that don't work.


While Colby was off from work, and still waiting for the new semester to start, he built this dresser.  I love how well it turned out.  He did such an awesome job, I want him to build another to match.


Colby also decided it would be cool to hang his lion in our apartment.  I wasn't too excited for it at first, but now I like it and think it turned out really nice.  Before he had it hanging on the wall, it was sitting on our couch.  I forgot it was down there, and got up in the night to get a drink.  When I got to the bottom of the stairs and turned towards the kitchen, I could see the outline of the cat, and his face looking right at me.  It really freaked me out. Then I remembered what it was.  But I still ran past it with the hebegebes both to get the drink, and to get back up the stairs.

0 comments: