Sunday, March 27, 2011

In November, we were able to attend my cousin Juleen's wedding at the Bountiful temple.  It was fun to get away.  We have never stayed in a hotel since our honeymoon.  Because of that, we planned on staying in a nice hotel, but as we were driving down the freeway, we saw a sign advertising a room for only $40.00 at the Motel 6.  So, we decided to stay there and save some money.  It definitely wasn't fancy, but it was clean so I couldn't complain.  I was worried about going because I still was having morning sickness, and didn't want to get sick in the temple. I did fine there, and it was so special to see Juleen get married.  I stayed with her while I did my internship in Salt Lake, and we had a wonderful time together.  She married such a nice guy, and her mission president, President Christensen, was able to do her sealing.  He is the one that did our sealing in the Rexburg temple, so it was fun to see him again, and hear some of the same things that he said at our wedding.
A funny story about this day- I woke up that morning sick (literally and emotionally), because here we had traveled all this way, and I forgot my recommend at home.  I was so upset, and I couldn't get a hold of our Bishop.  It worked out though, because with the bar coded recommends, they keep it on file and the workers at the temple desk could look up all my info.  So we were able to make it to the wedding.
Second funny story of the day.  I had a hard time wearing nylons because they were too tight on my tummy and made me sick- any pressure on my belly would make me sick and miserable.  I decided on this day to try wearing thigh high stockings instead, because my legs look bad, and I only had knee length skirts.  I should have known better from the start.  As soon as we left our hotel room, these stockings kept falling down around my boots.  It looked really bad.  But I couldn't change it, so I kept wearing them.  I had to adjust them to and from breakfast in McDonald's, in between some parked cars in the temple lot -there were some people in one of the cars but I didn't know it until it was too late, they had a real good show of leg and me tugging on my stockings-  By the time we got to the front doors, they were falling down again.  I just hoped and prayed that the temple workers at the desk wouldn't notice my problem while they sorted out my recommend issue.  Finally I just went into the rest room and pulled them off - everyone would just have to deal with my ugly legs, because they were less scandalous than black stockings with a lacy top dangling around the tops of my boots. All in all it was a great day. 

Shortly after we got home from Utah, we woke up to this. 

My good husband so kindly put on his snow gear and spent the morning digging out my car while I got ready for the day so I could go to work.  He is always doing the hard things for me, and I sure appreciate it.

Then it was time for Bridger's mission farewell.  We were all able to spend the weekend with him as a family, and it was sure fun.  It is so crazy to think that when he gets home Autumn will be 3 and Branson will be 2 years old.  Our baby will be a year and a half by then. So much changes in two years, and we sure miss Bridger. It's not the same around here without him.

0 comments: